This award is presented to a student who exemplifies innovation and entrepreneurship to research through a demonstrated interest in developing new technologies, processes or services.
Individuals nominated for the Student Award for Excellence in Innovation should demonstrate the following key attributes:
- A demonstrated interest in developing new technologies, processes, and services.
- An entrepreneurial and innovative approach to academics focusing on benefiting society.
- A willingness to collaborate with peers, not only within their own department but across other departments and organizations, to share knowledge for the benefit of others.
- Active participation in activities that support a culture of innovation.
- Nominees must be graduate or medical students at Penn State College of Medicine.
- Self-nominations are welcomed.