This award is presented to an individual who demonstrates significant potential in translating groundbreaking research into commercial technologies, processes or services.
Individuals nominated for the Investigator to Watch award should demonstrate the following key attributes:
- An investigator in the early phase of their career who goes beyond their role to promote innovation at Penn State College of Medicine campus and serve as a role model for their peers.
- Dedicates time, energy and expertise to translational research efforts and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Demonstrates a willingness to collaborate with peers across departments to share knowledge and innovative ideas benefiting society.
- Active participation in activities (events, committees, groups, programs) that support a culture of innovation.
- Nominees must be employed by Penn State College of Medicine or Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- Self-nominations are welcomed.