This award is presented to an individual who exemplifies innovation and entrepreneurship to translational research through a demonstrated track record of developing new technologies, processes or services.
Individuals nominated for the Innovator of the Year should demonstrate the following key attributes:
- A demonstrated track record of developing new technologies, processes or services.
- An entrepreneurial approach to translating research to products or services that benefit the public.
- A willingness to collaborate with peers, not only within their own department but across other departments and organizations, to share knowledge for the benefits to others.
- Active participation in activities (events, committees, programs) that support a culture of innovation.
- Nominees must be employed by Penn State College of Medicine or Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.