Materials Transfer Agreement (MTA) Form

Incomplete requests will slow down the agreement review process.

No MTA needed from CMI; please contact the Office of Research Affairs and close this tab/window. Email:

MTA from CMI may or may not be needed. Please email Rich Mazzatesta in Purchasing at and copy, and close this tab/window.

Comparative Medicine Animal Import or Export Form is required in addition to the MTA. View Animal Resources on the Infonet (Penn State Health ePass login required).
Penn State College of Medicine Contact Information

Other Institution/Company Contact Information

Please Provide Complete Answers to the Following

For Incoming Materials (Receiving)

(Import permit verification is the PI's responsiblity prior to authorizing shipment)
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
CDC Import Permit Program (IPP)
Penn State U.S. Customs Broker

For Outgoing Materials (Sending)

(Export Control Approval is required before MTA processing)

Upload documents
Do you have any supporting documentation or agreements to send with your request? Upload up to 5 files. 
Digital Signature

By entering the name of the principal investigator below, I certify that they are fully aware of and confirm all the information stated above.